走进经典翻译经典学习经典写作技能《少年维特之烦恼》第一期
How happy I am that I am gone! 我走了,默然离开,依然快乐!
My dear friend, what a thing is the heart of man! 亲爱的朋友,人心犹如奇妙莫测的精灵!
To leave you, from whom I have been inseparable,离开你,那位我曾难以割舍的人儿,
whom I love so dearly, and yet to feel happy! 那位我依然爱者的纯真的人儿,却感受到了幸福!
I know you will forgive me. 我知道,你会原谅我的。
Have not other attachments been specially appointed by fate to torment a head like mine?
难道像我这样的人就非要无端的忍受命运的强加吗?
Poor Leonora! and yet I was not to blame. 可怜的利奥诺拉!然而,我不是要来责备的。
Was it my fault, that, whilst the peculiar charms of her sister afforded me an agreeable entertainment,
那是我的错吗?当神奇的魅力奉献热情的欢声笑语,
a passion for me was engendered in her feeble heart?
痴迷的种子在她脆弱的内心孕育?
And yet am I wholly blameless?
然而,难道我完全就没有责任吗?
Did I not encourage her emotions?
难道不是我激发了她的热情?
Did I not feel charmed at those truly genuine expressions of nature,
难道我没有被纯真自然的诗语所迷惑?
which, though but little mirthful in reality, so often amused us?
它们,尽管实际上有些好笑,不也正是因此而让人兴奋不已?
Did I not -- but oh! what is man, that he dares so to accuse himself?
难道不是我—但是 哎!什么样的人才会如此的指责自己呢?
写作技巧:开头让人匪夷所思,点燃读者的兴趣,为什么离开自己心爱的人反而有些为难的开心和幸福呢?其次维特又说像他这样的人为什么就要承受命运的强加呢?命运到底强加给了维特什么呢?从下面简单的几句心里描述我们可能隐约会感知到,好像有姑娘暗恋维特,维特一开始也被姑娘的魅力所吸引,然后就没有了后来,到底是为什么呢?同时维特又开始责备自己。连用了几个难道---、难道---、难道---,维特此时的感情像沸水一样在激烈的沸腾翻滚,然后通过反问自己“什么样的人才会如此的指责自己呢?”突然回归平静,非常富有戏剧性。