学习英语每日坚持阅读《鲁滨逊漂流记》
12
After a time, I found a little cave in the side of a hill.
不久之后,我在小山的一侧找到了一个小洞穴。
In front of it, there was a good place to make a home.
在里面,是个安家的好地方。
So, I used the ship’s sails, rope, and pieces of wood, and after a lot of hard work I had a very fine tent.
于是,我用那些船的帆,绳子及木板经过很艰难的劳作,我有了一个非常好的帐篷。
The cave at the back of my tent was a good place to keep my food,
在帐篷后面是存放食物的好地方,
and so, I called it my ‘kitchen’. That night, I went to sleep in my new home.
所以我称它为我的“厨房”。那天晚上,我便在我的新家睡觉。
The next day I thought about the possible dangers on the island.
第二天,我仔细设想了岛上可能存在的危险。
Were there wild animals, and perhaps wild people too, on my island?
在我的岛上会不会有野兽,也许还会有野人?
I didn’t know, but I was very afraid.
我不知道,但是我非常害怕。
So, I decided to build a very strong fence.
于是,我决定建立一个非常坚固的栅栏。
I cut down young trees and put them in the ground. In a half circle around the front of my tent.
我砍了一些小树,插入到地上我的帐篷前围成个圈。
I used many of the ship’s ropes too, and in the end my fence was as strong as a stone wall.
我还用了很多船上的绳子,最后我的栅栏就像一堵坚固的石墙。
Nobody could get over it, though it, or around it.
没人可以翻进来,钻进来或者绕过来。
未完待续~